Full text index not being used, even though it is in the plan

От Alex Neth
Тема Full text index not being used, even though it is in the plan
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to use a full text index, but it seems to be reindexing on
every query.

The query plan looks fine, but the queries take extremely long (hours
even).  I think it is reindexing because it is notifying me that
certain long "words" won't be indexed as you can see below, which is
what it does when I create the index.

=> explain select id from source_listings where
plainto_tsquery('view') @@ to_tsvector('english', full_listing);
                                                QUERY PLAN
  Bitmap Heap Scan on source_listings  (cost=1454.88..7445.47
rows=1595 width=4)
    Recheck Cond: (plainto_tsquery('view'::text) @@
to_tsvector('english'::regconfig, full_listing))
    ->  Bitmap Index Scan on kw2_index  (cost=0.00..1454.48 rows=1595
width=0)
          Index Cond: (plainto_tsquery('view'::text) @@
to_tsvector('english'::regconfig, full_listing))

=> explain analyze select id from source_listings where
plainto_tsquery('view') @@ to_tsvector('english', full_listing);
NOTICE:  word is too long to be indexed
DETAIL:  Words longer than 2047 characters are ignored.
NOTICE:  word is too long to be indexed
DETAIL:  Words longer than 2047 characters are ignored.
... it just keeps building a new index until I kill it
Cancel request sent