Re: pg_restore cannot restore function

От Jie Liang
Тема Re: pg_restore cannot restore function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Oops,my OS is FreeBSD4.3 PostgreSQL7.2

Thanks

Jie Liang

-----Original Message-----
From: Jie Liang
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 1:46 PM
To: 'Jan Wieck'
Cc: 'Bruce Momjian'; 'admin@postgresql.org'; 'pgsql-sql@postgresql.org'
Subject: RE: [SQL] pg_restore cannot restore function

No any error msg in the logfile, I didn't see any create function statement
in my logfile which I enabled the query log.
This function is written in PL/pgSQL which is enabled in target db,
If I pg_dump the schema into a plain text file, I can see its defination
there, I can easily copy & paste (restore) it into mydb2.
however, I failed to restore it by using flag -P with compressed file.
I also tried to use
su postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_restore --function=myfunction
--dbname=mydb2 dbf"
error msg
pg_restore: [archiver] could not open input file: No such file or directory

weird???

I use
pg_restore -Rxt mytable -d mydb2 dbf
have no such a problem, it works.