Re: Proposed patch: Smooth replication during VACUUM FULL

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: Proposed patch: Smooth replication during VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 30. April 2011 20:19:36 +0200 Gabriele Bartolini
<gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it> wrote:

> I have noticed that during VACUUM FULL on reasonably big tables, replication
> lag climbs. In order to smooth down the replication lag, I propose the
> attached patch which enables vacuum delay for VACUUM FULL.

Hmm, but this will move one problem into another. You need to hold exclusive
locks longer than necessary and given that we discourage the regular use of
VACUUM FULL i cannot see a real benefit of it...

--
Thanks
Bernd