Re: Daylight saving time question

От Bayless Kirtley
Тема Re: Daylight saving time question
Дата
Re: Daylight saving time question  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com>
To: "Bayless Kirtley" <bkirt@cox.net>; "PostgreSQL"
<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Daylight saving time question

> Bayless Kirtley wrote:
>> How can I tell PostgreSQL to use daylight saving time when applicable?
>> Times returned by the database are one hour behind.
>
> it uses your client's specified local time zone to determine whether or
> not DST is in effect.
>
>    SET TIME ZONE 'America/New York';
>
> or
>
>    SET TIME ZONE 'PST8PDT';
>

> --

For some reason I can't seem to make it work. I have tried setting the
timezone
in postgresql.conf as "timezone = 'America/Chicago'" and "timezone =
'CST6CDT'"
both of which still returned one hour behind. I also tried both of your
suggestions
as SQL statements right after establishing a database connection and still
get the
same wrong time.

I have a Java application on Windows XP PRO and the way I am getting the
time is "Select CURRENT_TIME". Is there something I am missing or is there
another way I should be getting the time?

Thanks again