Re: Libpq linked statically linked to OpenSSL/LibreSSL

От Marco Bambini
Тема Re: Libpq linked statically linked to OpenSSL/LibreSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Thanks Alberto,

This is a very promising approach.

I tried to modify the Makefile in src/interfaces/libpq/Makefile and I replaced the occurrences of -lssl and -lcrypto
with:
/root/rothsoft/libressl-3.6.1/ssl/.libs/libssl.a
/root/rothsoft/libressl-3.6.1/crypto/.libs/libcrypto.a

The compilation process is OK but when I tried to execute the test app I receive a link error:
Error loading DLL: /root/rothsoft/engines/postgreSQL/Linux/postgresql/libpq.so: undefined symbol: GENERAL_NAME_free

GENERAL_NAME_free usually means that libcrypto is missed.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Please note that I also tried with:
-l:/root/rothsoft/libressl-3.6.1/ssl/.libs/libssl.a
-l:/root/rothsoft/libressl-3.6.1/crypto/.libs/libcrypto.a

Thanks,
Marco

> On 5 Dec 2022, at 14:10, ALBERTO CABELLO SÁNCHEZ <alberto@unex.es> wrote:
>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> After several attempts, I am asking for help with how to compile libpq with OpenSSL
>>> statically linked.
>>> I need to have libpq linked with LibreSSL, but if I could statically link OpenSSL, I think
>>> I could switch the TLS libraries at compile time.
>>
>> redo the step which creates libpq.so appending your libssl.a location
>> (mine is /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.a) at the end.
>
> Just wanted to correct: you also have to remove "-lssl". So I guess you can just
> substitute "-lssl" for libssl.a location in src/interfaces/libpq/Makefile (two occurrences)
> and build as usual.

Сообщение: RE: Libpq linked statically linked to OpenSSL/LibreSSL
Сообщение: Re: Libpq linked statically linked to OpenSSL/LibreSSL