Re: Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit

От Shawn Eckley
Тема Re: Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Wendi/Craig

I have seen an installation issue very similar to this. It has been happening on Windows 7 x86 systems. We are using postgres as the DB for our application and I have incorporated the postgres installer into our installer, we also use Bitrock. We are using postgres 8.4.4. It’s been installing perfect fine. But just recently things started going wrong on only a few systems. After some research I found out that the postgres installer was throwing an error, that it can’t find the postgres.conf file. When I looked I found the data folder empty. I also discovered that the postgres user was never installed. The one thing I have verified is that it has something to do with the fact that the Windows account that I was running the install from has a space in it. IE. “MSI Test” This is still happening in the most recent installer, postgres 9.1.2.1.

We have been installing this on both Windows 7 x86 and x64 systems,  Home, Pro and Ultimate. The Professional version is in a network setting connected to an internal netork.

Shawn M Eckley
Software Engineer
Stonewedge Corporation

240 Andover st.
Wilmington, MA 01887
978-203-0642 Ext. 113
seckley@stonewedge.net

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.