Re: Patch: Add launchd Support

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Patch: Add launchd Support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mar 20, 2015, at 4:21 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote:

> On 3/20/15 6:11 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>>     <key>ProgramArguments</key>
>>     <array>
>>         <string>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres</string>
>>         <string>-D</string>
>>         <string>/usr/local/pgsql/data</string>
>>     </array>
>
> Hrm, would /var/db/postgres be better? I'm not sure if the stuff Apple does with /private/ would cause problems
though.(In any case, I think postgres is better than pgsql.)

>>    <key>StandardOutPath</key>
>>    <string>/usr/local/pgsql/data/launchd.log</string>
>>    <key>StandardErrorPath</key>
>>    <string>/usr/local/pgsql/data/launchd.log</string>
>
> Wouldn't /var/log be better?

/usr/local/pgsql has been the standard install location for the PostgreSQL core distribution for as long as I can
remember,including on OS X. Our original OS X startup script refers to it. I figure it’s best to keep it consistent.

Best,

David

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Add launchd Support
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position