Re: 7.3 on OS X HOWTO

От Eric B.Ridge
Тема Re: 7.3 on OS X HOWTO
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 02:26  PM, Hunter Hillegas wrote:
> Does one exist?
>
> I know that you need readline installed, but I can't even get that to
> build
> properly...

Well, you only need readline if you want the command-editing/completion
capabilities of psql.  Otherwise you can ./configure with the
--without-readline option.

> I searched the mailing list archives and didn't find anything
> meaningful.

After I installed readline (via Fink), cleaned, reconfigured, compiled,
and installed 7.3, everything worked flawlessly.  Outside of the
readline issue, there was no difference than installing 7.3 on Linux.

I did notice that fink patched the readline sources it downloaded
before compiling.  I have no idea what the patch was.

> I'd rather not use fink.

Fink is kinda magical, but hey, you're using a Mac.  You shouldn't need
to concern yourself with details.  And you surely don't need to
right-click on anything!  *grin*

eric