Re: BUG #15854: postgres wtih Docker: binding port fails with releasegreater than 9.6.13

От Lynn Carol Johnson
Тема Re: BUG #15854: postgres wtih Docker: binding port fails with releasegreater than 9.6.13
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mark's response was the problem.  I was mounting to the same place where the 9.6 db had previously been mounted.  When
Icreated a new mount point for the 11.3 data, it worked.

I don't see how to mark this bug as "resolved" from the web but would like to mark this resolved

On 6/16/19, 10:15 AM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

    > I am running Postgres in a docker, creating a container, mounting a
    > directory, binding a port.  The container comes up successfully and I can
    > run psql to enter.  But only for release 9.6.  When I pull postgres docker
    > image for anything greater than 9.6 (I tried with 10, 10.3, 11.3) the
    > binding fails.  here are specifics:

    It looks like the postmaster is failing to start.  The place to look to
    find out the cause of that is in the postmaster's log file.  Unfortunately
    I don't use docker so I don't know how it configures the postmaster's
    logging; but if you look into the start recipe you should be able to find
    where it's redirecting the process's stderr, and that would get you
    started.