Re: ODBC driver performance on large result-sets

От Alistair Bayley
Тема Re: ODBC driver performance on large result-sets
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> Attached are two C programs. They borh (I believe) execute the same
> query against a PostgreSQL database on my WinXP laptop. The libpq
> version runs quickly (in a second or less), while the ODBC version
> takes about 40 seconds.

Never mind. I just noticed that the ODBC driver has "disable genetic
optimizer" checked. If I uncheck then presumably the query gets some
decent optimisation, and runs as quickly as the libpq version. Is this
a sensible default setting?

Sorry for the spam.

Alistair