Re: Add a GUC variable that control logical replication

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Add a GUC variable that control logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-09-18 10:39, Quan Zongliang wrote:
> Sybase has a feature to turn off replication at the session level: set
> replication = off, which can be temporarily turned off when there is a
> maintenance action on the table. Our users also want this feature.

These kinds of feature requests are always dubious because just because
Sybase behaves this way for some implementation or architectural reason
doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense for PostgreSQL too.

Why do you need to turn off replication when there is "maintenance" on a
table?  What does that even mean?