Re: Column qualifier issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Column qualifier issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jim Wilson" <jimw@kelcomaine.com> writes:
> Yes, I think you are correct on that.  I was misreading column reference for
> column name.  Would it be difficult to patch my local copy to either permit
> this or strip off the characters from the qualifier portion in the parser?

[shrug...]  You could probably hack the grammar to throw away a
qualifier there, but wouldn't it be easier to fix your incorrect SQL?

AFAICS, SQL92 does not allow a qualified name there, and SQL99 does but
appears to assign it some completely other semantics than what you're
expecting --- looks like an object method call of some kind... so you
are in for trouble in the long run if you don't fix your code.