Retrieving multiple error messages via libpq

От Jeffrey Brendecke
Тема Retrieving multiple error messages via libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I am working on a client that interfaces to the database via libpq, but cannot see how to get all error messages in
somecases.

For testing purposes, I created the following table:

CREATE TABLE IdOnly
(   id          INTEGER     PRIMARY KEY
);

When I submit the following SQL statement for execution via the psql client:

'BEGIN TRANSACTION; INSERT INTO IdOnly (id) VALUES (40); INSERT INTO IdOnly (id) VALUES (21); INSERT INTO IdOnly (id)
VALUES(42); COMMIT TRANSACTION;'

I get the following error messages (this failure is expected):

ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "idonly_pkey"
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

However, when retreiving the error message via PQresultErrorMessage(), I get:
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "idonly_pkey"

and through PQresultErrorField(, PGresult*, PG_DIAG_MESSAGE_PRIMARY ), I get only:
duplicate key violates unique constraint "idonly_pkey"

Calling PQresultErrorField( PGresult*,  PG_DIAG_MESSAGE_DETAIL )" returns no additional information.

How is the additional error message retrieved?

     Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's:
http://de.yahoo.com/set