Re: readline/libedit selection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: readline/libedit selection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> This recent change to readline/libedit selection isn't quite right.

If you see a problem you'll have to give more details ...

> It doesn't link in libtermcap with libedit which leads to:

Certainly it tries that.

> checking for readline.h... no
> configure: error: readline header not found

This is a header failure, not a library failure.

> And in config.log:

> configure:5987: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wpointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing conftest.c -ledit -lcrypt -lresolv
> -lcompat -lm -lutil >&5
> /usr/lib/libedit.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
> /usr/lib/libedit.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
> /usr/lib/libedit.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
> /usr/lib/libedit.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
> /usr/lib/libedit.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
> /usr/lib/libedit.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'

This would be expected at the first probe, but surely it's not the only
probe.

Reading between the lines, I wonder if your problem is that your copy of
editline puts its headers in include/readline rather than
include/editline?