Re: table configuration tweak for performance gain.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: table configuration tweak for performance gain.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 04:25:59PM +1100, Harvey, Allan AC wrote:
>> I created an index on the dt column, ran ANALYSE then,
>> EXPLAIN for some queries.
>> The returned plan was always sequential search.

> Could you post a query and the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output?  We could
> probably give better advice if we could see what's happening.

Also, let's see EXPLAIN ANALYZE results after setting enable_seqscan to
OFF.  If that doesn't force it into an indexscan, then you have got
more fundamental issues (perhaps a datatype mismatch).  Note that I
don't recommend turning off enable_seqscan as a production solution;
but it's a useful tool for debugging.