Re: doc - add missing documentation for "acldefault"

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: doc - add missing documentation for "acldefault"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/03/2018 09:04 AM, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> Here is a version of the patch which documents briefly all aclitem-related
> functions, in a separate table.

I claimed this patch for review and commit. Comments:
---
* There is a comment in src/backend/utils/adt/acl.c noting that
  acldefault is "not documented for general use" which needs adjustment

* It makes no sense to me to document purely internal functions, e.g.
  aclitemin/out. If we are going to do that we should do it universally,
  which is not true currently, and IMHO makes no sense anyway.

* I do believe aclitemeq() has utility outside internal purposes.

* The <indexterm> section is incomplete

* Interestingly (since that is what started this thread apparently) I
  found myself questioning whether acldefault() is really worth
  documenting since the result will be misleading if the defaults have
  been altered via SQL.
---

Attached patch addresses those items and does a bit of reordering and
editorialization. If there are no objections I will commit it this way
in a day or two.

Thanks,

Joe

--