Re: BUG #16034: `\set ECHO all` doesn't work for \e command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16034: `\set ECHO all` doesn't work for \e command
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I want command sent to the server with \e command to be echoed to the
> terminal.

Uh, what?  \e doesn't send anything to the server, it just edits
the query buffer locally.

I could interpret your request as being that ECHO_HIDDEN causes "hidden"
commands to be shoved into the command history (whence they could be
recalled and edited) as well as being echoed.  While I can see some
use-case for that, I think it'd more usually be an annoyance and/or break
cases that work today.  If we decide that's a useful feature, I'd vote
for leaving ECHO_HIDDEN alone and inventing a separate variable to enable
it (HISTORY_HIDDEN, or some such?).