Re: Explicit deterministic COLLATE fails with pattern matching operations on column with non-deterministic collation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Explicit deterministic COLLATE fails with pattern matching operations on column with non-deterministic collation
Дата
Ответ на Re: Explicit deterministic COLLATE fails with pattern matchingoperations on column with non-deterministic collation  (James Lucas <jlucasdba@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
James Lucas <jlucasdba@gmail.com> writes:
> So that is something to be aware of - the collation defined on the
> column can impact stats values, which could in turn impact plans
> chosen for queries that use alternative collations.

Yeah.  At some point we might try to collect stats with respect to
multiple collations, but that's a long way off probably.

(I have suggested that CREATE STATISTICS could be extended to
control this type of thing, but I don't think anyone's worked
on making it happen.)