Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings
Дата
Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings  ("Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 9/2/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Seems a little verbose, but maybe we could do "SET var FROM CURRENT"
>> or "SET var FROM SESSION"?

> I'd prefer FROM SESSION then.  FROM CURRENT seems unclear.

Actually, I think FROM SESSION is unclear, as it opens the question
whether the value to be applied is the session-wide setting or the
currently active one.  Inside a transaction that has done SET LOCAL,
these are different things.

I think we pretty clearly want to have it take the currently active
setting, and I'd vote for FROM CURRENT as the best way of expressing
that.