Re: benchmarking the query planner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: benchmarking the query planner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Perhaps a better plan is to try to de-emphasize use of ndistinct,
>> though I concede I have no idea how to do that.

> We don't actually care about the accuracy of the ndistinct much, just
> the accuracy of our answer to the question "given work_mem = X, is it
> better to use a hash plan".

That's hardly the only thing we use ndistinct for.  Also, it's a bit too
simplistic to suppose that we only have to make the right binary choice
between hash and something else at a particular plan level.  If we don't
have at least ballpark-correct figures for cost and number of output
rows, we'll start making mistakes at higher plan levels.

Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner
Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner