Re: Supporting multiple column assignment in UPDATE (9.5 project)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Supporting multiple column assignment in UPDATE (9.5 project)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> But I don't think your suggestions of the table name or alias work;
>> they could conflict with an actual column name.

> Presumably it'd follow similar rules to SELECT -- resolve the column
> name in the face of ambiguity.

Meh.  Then you could have a query that works fine until you add a column
to the table, and it stops working.  If nobody ever used column names
identical to table names it'd be all right, but unfortunately people
seem to do that a lot...

Сообщение: Re: Supporting multiple column assignment in UPDATE (9.5 project)
Сообщение: Re: Supporting multiple column assignment in UPDATE (9.5 project)