Re: CREATE SYNONYM ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE SYNONYM ...
Дата
Re: CREATE SYNONYM ...  ("Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
"Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@gmail.com> writes:
> Like I said, sometimes the user doesn't have a choice.   Sure, it's easy to
> tell someone that has a 300-line PHP application to fix their code, but I've
> worked with people who have hundreds of thousands of lines of code and they
> don't just say, "gee, let's just search-and-replace everything!"; that's a
> testing nightmare.

To be blunt, those people aren't going to be moving to Postgres anyhow.
If the notion of fixing this issue daunts them, they are not going to be
willing to deal with the other incompatibilities between Oracle and PG.

And we are *not* buying into the notion of becoming a bug-compatible
Oracle clone.

(If EnterpriseDB wants to try to do that, fine; they'll be earning their
money the old-fashioned way...)