Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.  (Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com>)
Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.  (Vik Fearing <vik@postgresfriends.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/2/21 4:06 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> There's bound to be somebody who wants to grant some of
> these permissions and not others, or who wants to grant the ability to
> run those commands on some tables but not others.
Is there anything stopping us from adding syntax like this?

    GRANT VACUUM, ANALYZE ON TABLE foo TO bar;

That doesn't fix the CHECKPOINT issue, but surely vacuum and analyze can
be done that way.  I would much prefer that over new predefined roles.

This would be nice, but there is nothing to hang our hat on:

    GRANT CHECKPOINT TO username;
--
Vik Fearing

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: enabling FOO=bar arguments to vcregress.pl
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.