Re: New Copy Formats - avro/orc/parquet

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: New Copy Formats - avro/orc/parquet
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/10/2018 07:13 AM, Nicolas Paris wrote:
> Hello
>
> I d'found useful to be able to import/export from postgres to those modern data
> formats:
> - avro (c writer=https://avro.apache.org/docs/1.8.2/api/c/index.html)
> - parquet (c++ writer=https://github.com/apache/parquet-cpp)
> - orc (all writers=https://github.com/apache/orc)
>
> Something like :
> COPY table TO STDOUT ORC;
>
> Would be lovely.
>
> This would greatly enhance how postgres integrates in big-data ecosystem.
>
> Any thought ?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-copy.html

"PROGRAM

     A command to execute. In COPY FROM, the input is read from standard
output of the command, and in COPY TO, the output is written to the
standard input of the command.

     Note that the command is invoked by the shell, so if you need to
pass any arguments to shell command that come from an untrusted source,
you must be careful to strip or escape any special characters that might
have a special meaning for the shell. For security reasons, it is best
to use a fixed command string, or at least avoid passing any user input
in it.
"

--
Adrian Klaver