Re: 8.1 count(*) distinct: IndexScan/SeqScan

От Pailloncy Jean-Gerard
Тема Re: 8.1 count(*) distinct: IndexScan/SeqScan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> What "same result"?  You only ran it up to 2K rows, not 2M.  In any
Sorry, I do this over and over until xxx.000 rows but I do not write
in the mail.

I do it again. initdb, create table, insert, vacuum full analyze,
explain analyze at each stage.
And there was no problem.

So I make a copy of the offending data directory, and try again. And
I got IndexScan only.
I will get an headheak ;-)

Too big to be send by mail: http://rilk.com/pg81.html

Cordialement,
Jean-Gérard Pailloncy

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 count(*) distinct: IndexScan/SeqScan
От: Rodrigo Madera
Сообщение: Newbie question: ultra fast count(*)