Re: Associative array in Pl/PgSQL

От Karel Riveron Escobar
Тема Re: Associative array in Pl/PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John:

Thanks for reply so fast. I think that store my data as tables will be the best.

Thanks again.

Regards, Karel Riverón
Student Scientific Council
Informatics Science University

From: "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:50:57 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Associative array in Pl/PgSQL

On 5/4/2013 4:40 PM, Karel Riveron Escobar wrote:
And, I need work with it into a Pl/PgSQL function. How can I do this?

SQL has no such concept as 'associative arrays'.  it understands relations (tables).

maybe convert it to hstore format, and pass it in as a text string, but your example gets even messier in that you've nested these associative things.

would be much more appropriate to store that data as tables in postgresql.