Re: row-wise comparison question/issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: row-wise comparison question/issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> select rowval from myrowtypetable ORDER BY ROW((rowval).*) USING <;
> ERROR:  operator does not exist: record < record

This isn't required by the spec, and it's not implemented.  I don't
see that it'd give any new functionality anyway, since you can always
do ORDER BY rowval.f1, rowval.f2, ...

The cases that are implemented are comparisons of explicit row
constructors, eg "(a,b,c) < (d,e,f)" --- which I think is all
you'll find support for in the spec.

Сообщение: Re: Multiple postmaster + RPM + locale issues
Сообщение: Re: Multiple postmaster + RPM + locale issues