Help with a selection

От
Тема Help with a selection
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a column named col (varchar)

col could look like this

902930

902920

902900

903110

913210

913200

I would like to remove an object that doesn’t end ‘00’ and if there are objects that start with the same 4 charcters and ending with 00.

All objects ending with 00 shall remain.

All object not ending with 00 shall remain of there is no object starting with the same 4 characters and ending with 00

The result of the col table should be:

902900

903110

913200

903110 is not removed because there is no 903100

913210 is removed because there is a 913200

902930 and 902920 are removed because there is 902900

I hope you understand the logic , perhaps there is no logic in my explanation.

Thanks in advance,

Paul