Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> "K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <niranjan.k@nsn.com> writes:
>> Is there any other workaround or alternative so that the situation about
>> the interface is down is known and based on that the 'PQexec' does not
>> get blocked for ~15 minutes.

> Absent threads I think you have to use alarm() and a SIGALRM signal handler.

On most modern platforms you can adjust the TCP timeouts for the
connection.  There's no explicit support for that in libpq, but
you can just get the socket FD from it and do setsockopt().

Сообщение: Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server
Сообщение: Re: Psql or test application hangs when interface is down for the DB server