Re: Move database from Solaris to Windows

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Move database from Solaris to Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 1, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Barry C Dowell wrote:
>
>> Please forgive me if this question is being asked in the wrong
>> area (and
>> please suggest the proper one so I can ask there :-) ), but I'm in
>> search of
>> assistance in moving a database from a Solaris system over to a
>> Windows
>> system.
>>
>> Solaris 5.8, postgreSQL 8.01, to Windows Server 2003, postgreSQL
>> 8.0.13.
>>
>> Installing on the Windows Server has gone simple enough, and I've
>> actually
>> experimented a little with pg_dump to dump the contents of the
>> database that
>> I get by default when installing the application that I'm working
>> with which
>> requires the db.
>>
>> I tried using pg_dump --format=t to dump the original database,
>> and then
>> tried to restore into a database with the same name on the Windows
>> side but
>> that restore has not been successful.
>
> I find it a lot easier to diagnose what's going on with plain
> format, generally.
>

>> I've been trying to follow information found here:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-pgrestore.html but
>> have not
>> been successful yet.
>>
>> Any assistance that can be lent my way is greatly appreciated.
>
> You'll need to post a few more details (what commands you ran,
> what errors you got) before people will be able to help you much.

Yes, dump/restore is pretty much the standard to move dbs across
architectures so we'll need more to work with.  One thing to check,
did you make sure that your dump was in the same encoding as the
database you created on your Windows server?

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

Сообщение: Re: Move database from Solaris to Windows
Сообщение: Re: Move database from Solaris to Windows