Re: Idea: cross-check versions during initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Idea: cross-check versions during initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane writes:
>> Of course, people who manage to invoke a 6.5 or 7.0 initdb script aren't
>> going to be helped anyway by defenses we put into 7.1 initdb :-(.

> It just occured to me that people invoking pre-7.1 initdbs with new input
> files are not going to get very far because the bki files have different
> names now.

OK, but that will only protect us for the 7.0 to 7.1 transition.  Future
transitions will create the risk again.  I think we should try to solve
these issues now while we're thinking about them.

> a future version of genbki.sh might want to put a simple
> # PostgreSQL 7.2
> line atop its output files which initdb can check for.

Seems like a plan to me.

Сообщение: Re: Gram.y patches for better parenthesis handling.
Сообщение: Re: Gram.y patches for better parenthesis handling.