Re: [HACKERS] IndexBuild Function call fcinfo cannot access memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] IndexBuild Function call fcinfo cannot access memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jia Yu <jiayu198910@gmail.com> writes:
> However, these methods don't work in the normal PG server. It gave me
> "segmentation fault"
> Here is my backtrace. It looks like I cannot access fcinfo. Can you help me
> about this? Or just some hints? I have been struggling with this problem
> for weeks.

What's the problematic line (hippo.c:154) doing?  What's before
that in the hippobuild function?

I wouldn't put much stock in the "Cannot access memory" message ... that
just means gdb is confused, which it frequently is.  But possibly
building with -O0 would make it less confused.

BTW, I gather from the reference to OidFunctionCall3Coll that you're
using PG 9.5 or older.  It'd be a good idea to switch to 9.6, which has
noticeably cleaner indexam APIs that allow some compiler error checking
on those calls.