Re: [Slony1-general] WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Slony1-general] WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Richard Yen <richyen@iparadigms.com> writes:
> My concern is that--as in the original post--there were moments where 129 WAL files were generated in one minute.  Is
itplausible that this autovacuum could be responsible for this?

That's not a particularly surprising WAL creation rate for a busy
database.  I wouldn't expect autovacuum to cause it by itself, but
that's true only because autovacuum processing is typically throttled
by autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay.  Perhaps you had that set to zero?

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: [Slony1-general] WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?
От: David Boreham
Сообщение: Re: performance on new linux box