Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Дата
Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Oct 11, 2021, at 2:24 PM, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>
> This commit broke psql \d datname.nspname.relname
>
> commit 2c8726c4b0a496608919d1f78a5abc8c9b6e0868
> Author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>
> Date:   Wed Feb 3 13:19:41 2021 -0500
>
>    Factor pattern-construction logic out of processSQLNamePattern.
>    patternToSQLRegex is a little more general than what is required
>    by processSQLNamePattern. That function is only interested in
>    patterns that can have up to 2 parts, a schema and a relation;
>    but patternToSQLRegex can limit the maximum number of parts to
>    between 1 and 3, so that patterns can look like either
>    "database.schema.relation", "schema.relation", or "relation"
>    depending on how it's invoked and what the user specifies.
>
>    processSQLNamePattern only passes two buffers, so works exactly
>    the same as before, always interpreting the pattern as either
>    a "schema.relation" pattern or a "relation" pattern. But,
>    future callers can use this function in other ways.
>
> |$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql/lib/ src/bin/psql/psql -h /tmp regression
> |psql (15devel)
> |Type "help" for help.
> |regression=# \d regresion.public.bit_defaults
> |Did not find any relation named "regresion.public.bit_defaults".
> |regression=# \d public.bit_defaults
> |                     Table "public.bit_defaults"
>
> This worked before v14 (even though the commit message says otherwise).
>
> |$ /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/psql -h /tmp regression
> |psql (13.2 (Debian 13.2-1.pgdg100+1), server 15devel)
> |regression=# \d regresion.public.bit_defaults
> |                     Table "public.bit_defaults"

I can only assume that you are intentionally misspelling "regression" as "regresion" (with only one "s") as part of the
test. I have not checked if that worked before v14, but if it ignored the misspelled database name before v14, and it
rejectsit now, I'm not sure that counts as a bug.

Am I misunderstanding your bug report?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company