Re: Time Zone design issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time Zone design issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
> On 09/10/07 15:21, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I wouldn't trust the browser's TZ, and you would need a way to
>> override it.

> Why?

The browser may not know the setting, or may not tell it to you,
or you might not be able to make any sense of what it says
(timezone names are hardly standardized).

This whole sub-thread actually is predicated on an assumption not
in evidence, which is that there is any browser anywhere that will
tell the http server timezone information.  I'm quite sure no such
thing is required by the http standard.