Re: Compiler options for plperl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compiler options for plperl
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Reinhard Max <max@suse.de> writes:
> applications that use Perl as embedded interpreter should be compiled
> with the same compiler flags that were used to compile the perl shared
> library itself. The attached patch fixes this.

Unfortunately, this goes down the same dead-end path we went down three
or four releases ago.  If we try to do the above then we must also use
the same compiler that was used for Perl.  For example, your patch will
instantly blow up on my system where Perl is built with HPUX's cc (per
its default configuration) and Postgres is built with gcc (also its
default choice) --- the compiler switches aren't even slightly alike.

Please explain the problem you're trying to solve, rather than offering
an unworkable patch with no explanation.