Re: postmaster growing to consume all memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster growing to consume all memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my> writes:
> No offense intended but I doubt the estimator will get things right all the
> time (esp if my built-in Murphy Field Intensifier happens to be on).

Doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to improve it.  The present code for
estimating number of groups is new in 7.4 and I'm sure there are things
that need to be done to it.  I'd like to think that factor-of-1000
errors on simple cases are not the best we can do.