Re: Renaming conversion procs (was Re: Error on compile for Windows)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Renaming conversion procs (was Re: Error on compile for Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 18:54, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> [ rename some conversion libraries to shorten source path names ]

> Seems like this would be a major PITA for packagers and end-user.

If we actually wanted to back-patch it, I think the least painful way
would be to tweak the Makefiles to install the built .so's under the old
names in existing release branches.  Then it would be a PITA only to the
developers ;-).  I don't personally feel it's worth it, even so.  There
are not that many people trying to build from source with weird tools.