Re: Setting sequence ids after importing data

От Hari Patel
Тема Re: Setting sequence ids after importing data
Дата
Re: Setting sequence ids after importing data  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks Sean. I'm trying the following after having done the import.

CREATE function set_sequence_ids() RETURNS INTEGER AS '
DECLARE
  arg INTEGER;
BEGIN
  select into arg max(id) from foo;
  select setval('foo_id_seq', 10);
  return arg;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

I get the following error in psql.

psql:func.sql:9: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foo_id_seq" at charact
er 152
psql:func.sql:9: LINE 6:   select setval('foo_id_seq', 10);
psql:func.sql:9:                          ^

setval seems to work okay outside plpgsql but I need it to do the select into.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hari

On 5/8/06, Sean Davis <sdavis2@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
Hari Patel wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am importing data from sqlite db into postgres. The tables have an id
> column that is obtained from a sequence.
>
> To preserve the foreign key relationships, I need to preserve the ids
> while importing into postgres.
>
> The problem is that after import, the sequences don't get incremented
> which leads to unique constraint violation errors further down.
> How do I fix this ?

See here in the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/functions-sequence.html

SEan

Сообщение: Re: Setting sequence ids after importing data
Сообщение: Re: Setting sequence ids after importing data