help on looping through query results - urgent !!!

От Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)
Тема help on looping through query results - urgent !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

In want to write a function PP_ReadPoints() for my project. I have 2 related
tables....

Point(PointId,CreateTime,TechnicalAddress,PointType,Area);
PointHistory(PointId,Flag);

I have written a trigger such that when i insert a tuple into Point table, a
tuple with the same PointId will be inserted into PointHistory table with
Flag set to 0 as default.
Now from my application i keep calling the PP_ReadPoints() function every 60
seconds. This function has to check for the first 10 tuples in PointHistory
table with Flag=0 and if 0, should retrieve data from Point table and return
the data. Now i need some assistance in doing this as i am very new to
PostgreSQL.