Re: Duplicate key value violates unique constraint

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Duplicate key value violates unique constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Nafees Sardar" <nafees@epazz.net> writes:
> I migrate my data from MS Sql server to postgreSQL database, now when I try
> to insert new row it gives me error "duplicate key value violates unique
> constraint". For example I have a table which contains 100 rows of records
> when I go for inserting 101 row it give duplicate value constraint error.
> When I pass PK value manually its working, and one more thing auto increment
> is enabled for all tables .

Sounds like you need to adjust the sequence counters underlying the
auto-increment columns so that their settings are higher than any
of the already-existing ID values.  Auto-increment isn't really a
native concept in Postgres, it's something you have to build from
a sequence object and a suitable default expression.  Getting the
sequence set correctly is an easy step to miss when migrating from
a different DBMS.