seeking PITR archive_command advice

От Ashish Karalkar
Тема seeking PITR archive_command advice
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello All,

I am trying to set up continues archiving of WAL files.
I have some doubt about the archive command %p and %f parameter.

I am havining all 5/6 WAL files in following directory.

usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog

My questions are

1) what will be the value for %p parameter
will  it be
/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog ?

is yes it is giving me following error
cp: omitting directory `/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/

2)
which file name i should give in place of %f parameter as there are 5/6 files already?

Thanks in Advance

With Regards
Ashish Karalkar