Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm confused.  Are you now saying that this problem only exists in
>> 9.1.x?  I tested current HEAD because you indicated the problem was
>> still there.

> No, I'm saying the problem exists both in 9.1.x and in hypothetical
> 9.2.2 and in hypothetical 9.3, but not in 9.2.[01] because in those it
> is masked by that other problem which has just been fixed.

I'm still confused.  I've now tried this in both HEAD and 9.1 branch
tip, and I do not see any misbehavior.  If I set recovery_target_time to
before the pg_stop_backup time, I get "FATAL:  requested recovery stop
point is before consistent recovery point" which is what I expect; and
if I set it to after the pg_stop_backup time, it starts up as expected.
So if there's a remaining unfixed bug here, I don't understand what
that is.