Re: Warm standby can't start because logs stream too quickly from themaster

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Warm standby can't start because logs stream too quickly from themaster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/02/2017 11:02 AM, Zach Walton wrote:

> Generally this works itself out if I wait (sometimes a really long
> time). Is there a configuration option that allows a warm standby to
> start without having fully replayed the logs from the master?
>
> * Note: wal_keep_segments is set to 8192 on these servers, which have
> large disks, to allow for recovery within a couple of hours of a
> failover without resorting to restoring from archive
> * This is specifically an issue for pgpool recovery, which fails if a
> standby can't start within (by default) 300 seconds. Open to toggling
> that param if there's no way around this.

It needs to only reach a consistent state, it doesn't need restore all
logs. What does your recovery.conf say and are you *100% sure% you
issued a pg_stop_backup()?

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****