Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions

От Alena Rybakina
Тема Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi, all!

While I was reviewing the patches, I noticed that they needed some rebasing, and in one of the patches (Introduce-indexes-for-RestrictInfo.patch) there was a conflict with the recently added self-join-removal feature [1]. So, I rebased patches and resolved the conflicts. While I was doing this, I found a problem that I also fixed:

1. Due to the lack of ec_source_indexes, ec_derive_indexes, we could catch an error during the execution of atomic functions such as:

ERROR:  unrecognized token: ")"
Context:  внедрённая в код SQL-функция "shobj_description"

I fixed it.

We save the current reading context before reading the field name, then check whether the field has been read and, if not, restore the context to allow the next macro reads the field name correctly.

I added the solution to the bug_related_atomic_function.diff file.

2. I added the solution to the conflict to the solved_conflict_with_self_join_removal.diff file.

All diff files have already been added to v21-0002-Introduce-indexes-for-RestrictInfo patch.

1. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfduLxYm4biJrTbjBxTAW6vkxBswuQ2B%3DgXU%2Bc37QJd6%2BOw%40mail.gmail.com

--
Regards,
Alena Rybakina