Re: License question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: License question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shachar Shemesh <psql@shemesh.biz> writes:
> Neil Conway wrote:
>> What license text do you think implies this?

> provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph and the
> following two paragraphs appear in all copies.

> I read that to mean that all copies must have the same license.

No, that says that you can't remove the copyright notice from files that
have it.  It doesn't say that nearby files have to have the same
license.  (Compare to the GPL, which *does* say that.)

The bottom line here is that you cannot relicense code you didn't write;
this is generally true no matter what license it is distributed under.
You can take some Postgres pieces and use them in a project with a
different overall license, but those pieces are still under BSD license.