Re: checkpoint write errors ( getting worse )

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: checkpoint write errors ( getting worse )
Дата
Re: checkpoint write errors ( getting worse )  (CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com>)
Список pgsql-general
CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> writes:
> So I ran REINDEX on all the db's and the errors went away for a bit. Now
> I'm seeing this:

> Log entries like this:FATAL:  could not read block 0 of relation
> base/1311892067/2687: read only 0 of 8192 bytes

You have a problem there, because:

regression=# select 2687::regclass;
       regclass
----------------------
 pg_opclass_oid_index
(1 row)

which is a pretty critical index.

You might be able to fix this by starting a single-user backend with -P
(--ignore-system-indexes) and using it to REINDEX that index.

On the whole, though, it's starting to sound like that system has
got major problems.  You'd be well advised to focus all your efforts
on getting a valid dump, not bringing it back into production.

Сообщение: Re: checkpoint write errors ( getting worse )
Сообщение: Re: checkpoint write errors ( getting worse )