Re: Unable to compile postgres 13.1 on Slackware current x64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unable to compile postgres 13.1 on Slackware current x64
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I wrote:
> A larger issue is that it looks like ICU68 may insist on importing
> <stdbool.h> in some headers.  That's fine on the platforms where we
> use <stdbool.h> anyway, but it's distinctly not fine elsewhere.

Meh.  I went to see if I could test that, and didn't get much further
than this on ICU's downloads page:

    ICU4C Platform Support

    All: Compiler support for C++11 is required for building the ICU libraries.
    Some platforms (such as IBM AIX, IBM z and Solaris) may no longer be able to build ICU until an improved compiler
isavailable.

AFAIK, the only platforms we have where <stdbool.h> isn't used are
PPC Mac, which of course was discontinued around 2008, so there's
zero chance that the compiler supports C++11.  Barring somebody
finding evidence of a platform that can run ICU68 and is not using
<stdbool.h>, it's not worth spending time on this combination.

I think we should just s/TRUE/true/ and be done with it.