Re: [GENERAL] views and fdw usage and performance

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] views and fdw usage and performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/09/2017 05:02 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
> Well
>
> Jt1 is prod and jt2 is dev

You are talking schemas, not databases, correct?

> Before someone pushes to prod it does work in dev. The jdbc connection

That would concern me, as anything bad that happened in the dev schema
could bring the entire database to its knees, including the prod schema.

How does data get into the prod schema if the connection is to the dev
schema?

> routes to jt2. In the mean time it wad needed that some tables in prod
> are synced at all times from dev. Hence the view/fdw.
> What I meant by connections was more to say the type of load or users
> doing something in each schema.

The issue being that if you are pushing data from jt2 --> jt1 you are
also pushing the load in the same direction.

> So my questions still remain
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 9, 2017, at 6:52 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] views and fdw usage and performance
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] views and fdw usage and performance