Re: 8.1.4: Who says "PHP deprecated addslashes since 4.0"?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.1.4: Who says "PHP deprecated addslashes since 4.0"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ljb <ljb220@mindspring.com> writes:
> |  addslashes() or magic_quotes. We note that these tools have been deprecated
> |  by the PHP group since version 4.0.

> Can anyone provide a source for the statement?

I'm not going to put words in Josh's mouth about where he got that from,
but anyone who reads all of the comments at
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.addslashes.php
ought to come away suitably unimpressed with the security of that
function.